Tried out the new viewer today. I did spend some time building and exploring Second life and I did not even get close to motion sickness. And I got a full interface if I wanted to. Great but of course writing on the keyboard did not work so good. Thought I would write this in world but, no that do not work.
But I was impressed with the new viewer. Visited some gallery´s and enjoyed the art in a totally different way. The painting behind me on the picture is huge in SL and when it comes to art size matters. It is another way to say something with a work of art. Small thing should be small and large, well large.
Building will take some time to learn but it is great to get the right size and be able to see what the final result will look like. I visited some of my old builds and some things just look silly and oversized. And then I have always tried to build for the avatars size. Guess I needed the Oculus to get it right.
Firing up my dev grid now to see what more things I have to change. Have not been there yet and I just have to wait to go to Lendonia. Probably a lot of work.
The new project viewer for DK2 is a great step forward for real virtual reality.
About the Author
Virtual world artist and blogger. Developer of software and stuff. Read more at My blog
When i am inworld i use my Oculus rift so if i do not answer the chat it is because i cant see my keyboard. Try voice.
More articles from this author
- Action scripting
- Scripting planes in Second life.
- Moving all Opensim databases to MariaDB
- The Mobius grid
- Design work
- Haul to Linkoping
- Finally solved the Webkit problem on Linux
- And a package delivery in a snowy Malmoe
- Evening Sky Aurora flight
- The landscape
- Media and advertising
- Brand management
- Sorry about the downloads. :(
- Visited High Fidelity today.
- Started work on Opensim Lendonia again.
- Run your own business
- The new Blender
- Web templates on its way.
- Waiting for a new R.O.B.U.S.T server
- The quality of things in Second life.
- City of lost Angels
- Sorry about the mess with logins.
- One of my fav designerd in SL
- Poser 9.Playing around.
- Winter comes to Lendonia.
- Beginners by Cica Ghost
- Finally the simulator is up again.
- The new High Fidelity Sandbox.
- Maybe a new career as a VR DJ.
- My new gaming rig
- Another transport for 2worlds2go logistics.
- Modern graphics ETS2
- Dark side of the Rainbow at – Kitely
- Another one for Cica Ghost. “Them”
- New Update for Tower
- Back in a old game.
- Travelling the world
- I like to try out new furniture
- The 1920s Berlin Project - Weimar Republic role play sim
- Time to drive again.
- Todays company flight to Bergen.
- La Digue du Braek, Muppets Island
- Time again for the OCC2016
- At home with my X-mas cards
- We all wish you a Merry Christmas
- Happy new sim year
- Another one is gone
- New France expansion.
- X-mas flight 2016
- Beta testing MyWorld on Steam.
- Started working with the Bento avatar
- Driving the France expansion.
- Constantly exploring.
- Finally found my name while driving.
- Long day just taking a break.
- Transfer content in virtual worlds
- ROMANVM that’s a great build.
- The view from my house
- Starting to work on AI for Opensim.
- Pride Second life
- First High Fidelity avatar.
- Finally i can talk about Sansar.
- Back in to Sansar. Today Bryn Oh.
- Playing Adrift for a few hours.
- Euro truck simulator 2, TruckersMP, VorpX, Oculus rift
- Once more partying in Second life.
- ETS2 Italy expansion: great
- Grid jump to Tranquility Welcome
- Easter once more in SL
- Website work continues on a stormy sea
- Creepy trip to Sansar
- OC2018 New look
- Another good one from Cica Ghost.
- XP 11 in Norway