Scripts make the world go around.
Scripts do everything from sending players out on quests to open doors and make the world move around.
There are several script languages but the are all similar in function and context. We use Lua and of course lsl (the script language in Second life). You often have to use the script language that the game engine is setup for.
Scripts make the game engine a lot more flexible. If you should put all of the functions of your game world in the game code you probably would be in bug hell.
In a virtual world like Second life the scripts make every object self contained so you can sell and transfer it around the world and among the users.
About the Author
Virtual world artist and blogger. Developer of software and stuff. Read more at My blog
When i am inworld i use my Oculus rift so if i do not answer the chat it is because i cant see my keyboard. Try voice.
More articles from this author
- Design work
- Scripting planes in Second life.
- Moving all Opensim databases to MariaDB
- The Mobius grid
- The landscape
- Haul to Linkoping
- Finally solved the Webkit problem on Linux
- And a package delivery in a snowy Malmoe
- Evening Sky Aurora flight
- Media and advertising
- Brand management
- Run your own business
- Sorry about the downloads. :(
- Visited High Fidelity today.
- Started work on Opensim Lendonia again.
- The new Blender
- Web templates on its way.
- Waiting for a new R.O.B.U.S.T server
- One of my fav designerd in SL
- Poser 9.Playing around.
- The quality of things in Second life.
- City of lost Angels
- Winter comes to Lendonia.
- Beginners by Cica Ghost
- Another transport for 2worlds2go logistics.
- Modern graphics ETS2
- Sorry about the mess with logins.
- Finally the simulator is up again.
- The new High Fidelity Sandbox.
- Maybe a new career as a VR DJ.
- My new gaming rig
- Dark side of the Rainbow at – Kitely
- Another one for Cica Ghost. “Them”
- New Update for Tower
- The 1920s Berlin Project - Weimar Republic role play sim
- Time to drive again.
- Back in a old game.
- Travelling the world
- I like to try out new furniture
- Todays company flight to Bergen.
- La Digue du Braek, Muppets Island
- Time again for the OCC2016
- New France expansion.
- X-mas flight 2016
- At home with my X-mas cards
- We all wish you a Merry Christmas
- Happy new sim year
- Another one is gone
- Beta testing MyWorld on Steam.
- Started working with the Bento avatar
- Driving the France expansion.
- Constantly exploring.
- Transfer content in virtual worlds
- Finally found my name while driving.
- ROMANVM that’s a great build.
- The view from my house
- Starting to work on AI for Opensim.
- Pride Second life
- First High Fidelity avatar.
- Finally i can talk about Sansar.
- Back in to Sansar. Today Bryn Oh.
- Playing Adrift for a few hours.
- Euro truck simulator 2, TruckersMP, VorpX, Oculus rift
- Once more partying in Second life.
- ETS2 Italy expansion: great
- Grid jump to Tranquility Welcome
- Easter once more in SL
- Website work continues on a stormy sea
- Creepy trip to Sansar
- OC2018 New look